The Kilkenny Floodlit Football League was formed in 2001 with 14 teams in one division. Since then the league has gone from strength to strength and today has 32 teams competing in 3 divisions. At the end of each season all clubs compete for the Floodlit Cup and the Floodlit Shield.
All profits go to the O’Neill Centre/Enable Ireland here in Kilkenny. Our only significant costs are pitch and referee’s fees.
Kilkenny Floodlit Football League RULES
1. All games will be of 60 minutes duration with a 2 minutes halftime break
2. All teams must have 2 properly inflated match balls and be kitted out in nominated team colours.
3a. All players in the KFFL must be non league; ie they cannot be registered with a League club.
3b. TRANSFERS: The Kilkenny Floodlit Football League (KFFL) and the Kilkenny & District League (K&DL) have an agreement in place on the transfer of players from one league to the other. A player may transfer from a KFFL club to a K&DL club (or move to a different club within the same league) up to the 30th of September and during the transfer window from 1st of December to the 31st of January each season. After the 31st of January no further transfers will be allowed. A transfer form must be completed and a fee of €30.00 paid before any transfer is complete. The transfer form is available from the KFFL (Eamonn Cleere 087 9582127) and the K&DL (Tom Mullins 086 8147800). Once a KFFL season has commenced, League of Ireland players may not play in the KFFL until the start of the season after they cease playing League of Ireland. It is the responsibility of each club to ensure that their players are eligible for participation in the KFFL. If a club is found to have played an ineligible player, the result of each game that player participated in will be a 2-0 win to their opponents in each of those games.
4. No player under suspension by any football body will be allowed participate in any way in the KFFL. No player under suspension in the KFFL will be allowed to play with any League club.
5. All games must start at the appointed time. If any team is 5 minutes late for kick off that team will start 1 goal down. Ten minutes late 2 goals, 15 minutes late a walkover is conceded. Walkover rule will apply.
6. The minimum number of players required to start a match is 7.
7. Eleven players only from each team allowed on pitch at any one time during match. Roving subs allowed. ALL substitutes may only enter the field of play at the half way line and ONLY after the player they are replacing had left the field of play.
8. 7 Subs maximum can be used during game.
9. If a team fails to show for a match their opponents will be awarded a 2-0 win and that team must pay double the match fee. The same rule applies to teams conceding a walkover.
10.Any player receiving a yellow card will be ‘sin binned’ for 5 minutes. Players red carded will automatically be suspended for the next game irrespective of what competition that may be in. If red card offence of a serious nature suspension will be increased.
11.If a team leaves the pitch without the Referees permission that team concedes the match. Walkover rule will apply.
12.Players or mentors who engage in verbal abuse or act aggressively at any time will be subject to disciplinary action.
13.No limit to number of players in a squad. Teams signing or transferring players during the season must notify Eamon Cleere 48 hours before that team’s next game.
14.Objections with regard to results, eligibility etc must be notified in writing to the KFFL within 24 hours of a game being played. The committee shall consider all objections and issue a ruling verdict. That verdict shall be final.
15. All players take part in the KFFL at their own risk. The KFFL cannot accept any responsibility for any injury, damage or losses incurred.
16.Perpetual trophies remain the property of the KFFL and are to be returned at least 3 weeks prior to the end of the season. Lost or damaged trophies must be replaced by the trophy holders.
17.Any team that ends the season with arrears will be banned from re-joining the league. If a player from a banned team wishes to play in the league again he must pay a percentage of money owed.
18.No changes will be made to fixtures except in circumstances as deemed exceptional by the KFFL.
19.Teams who fall behind in payment of match fees or who do not return forms by deadline will be penalised.
20.Team manager will be ultimately responsible for any outstanding match fees.
21.It is the responsibility of team managers to ensure that players are aware of all KFFL rules and regulations.
22. As the KFFL is affilliated to the FAI, all games will be played in accordance with FAI rules.